Thursday 25 February 2010

It's all in the name

I was browsing the BBC website when I came across an interesting story brought to me from across the great pond. Apparently there has recently been a not so magical event going down at SeaWorld. For those of you that already know where this is going, I am of course referring to the death of that SeaWorld trainer killed by her own trainee, a killer whale by the name of Tilikum.

Sad, yes...a surprise, hardly. For the love of good judgment, its KILLER whale not KIND whale! I’m not saying these sea dwelling mammals can’t be friendly and fun, I’m saying they aren’t ALL friendly and fun. There is an element to all wild animals, especially those given the title of killers, which includes blood lust and aggression. I honestly can’t understand why people are still surprised when they go nuts and drown someone. I would have thought incidents such as this would be used as a very obvious basis for why these animals should not be confined to giant bath tubs.

No...I’m not a member of P.E.T.A. I am however, a confined mammal myself, and I certainly sympathise and appreciate how confinement (few truly comprehend the loneliness, frustration and boredom that comes with this) can often lead to one having certain psychopathic tendencies. Although, I personally am unlikely to drown someone, not just out of human morality, but a social interaction induced phobia, which would make it difficult for me to meet a person, let alone hold them down long enough to kill them. It is my belief that a whale would not have these human complications and that’s why he was able to go through with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment