Saturday 20 February 2010

The great bread conspiracy

We have recently begun to buy brown bread again. Now I know I’m no scientist, but I like to think I have a pretty knowledgeable understanding of...things. Of these...things, I know that, for example, brown bread is better for you than white bread. I’m not 100% on why that is, but I’m sure it makes you live longer, makes your heart beat harmoniously like that of an Olympic athlete and makes your stool glisten healthy from depths of the toilet bowl. Something along those lines I imagine. But recently my, quite frankly solid understanding of the bread hierarchy fell apart when I discovered this...

The first shows the unwholesome evil that is white bread, and the second shows the delightful natural seediness that is brown bread. Have you spotted it yet? No, your eyes do not deceive you I’m afraid it’s true; the brown bread is a fraud.

The brown bread we brought contained more calories, more salt and more fat. This has detroyed all I know of bread (which is much) and in light of this revelation, I feel deceived.

The living labyrinth would like to stress she feels no ill towards brown bread or the bread industry and she is aware that in some instances it is the white bread that is the more devious of the two breads.

No comments:

Post a Comment